The Brooklyn Nets easy schedule so far this season has left them with a five game winning streak and a 6-2 record, both both will be put to the test tonight as they are at the Staples Center in Los Angeles taking on the Lakers. It’ll be their toughest game since they took on the Miami Heat in the third game of the season.
Here are the expected starting lineups:
Brooklyn Nets (6-2)
Los Angeles Lakers (5-5)
- All eyes will be on Dwight Howard and Brook Lopez to start the game. Shaquille O’Neal said he thinks Lopez is the better center. We’ll find out tonight.
- Mike D’Antoni is making his debut as head coach of the Lakers tonight. They were 3-1 without him and 2-4 under Mike Brown.
- It’s a big night for Joe Johnson too. The star shooting guard has struggled so far this season and is coming off a game where he shot just 1-of-10 from the floor and had a just 10 points.
- Some focus will be on Deron Williams who has been playing through various minor injuries.
- Luckily, D-Will won’t have to go up against Steve Nash, who is still out with a fractured leg.
- A Nets win would end an eight game losing streak against the Lakers (they haven’t won since Feb. 5, 2008).