Tonight is the start of the Brooklyn Nets/New York Knicks rivalry and it’s a big game as the Nets could tie the Knicks for first place in the Atlantic with a win tonight. More importantly it’s another early season test for the Nets to show that they are indeed an elite team and that they can hang with the big boys.
Here are the starting lineups:
Brooklyn Nets (8-4)
New York Knicks (9-3)
- This match up was originally scheduled for opening night, but was rescheduled because of Hurricane Sandy.
- The Nets are 6-1 at home this season, their best home start since they went 18-1 in 2003-04.
- The Nets haven’t beaten the Knicks at home since Nov. 30, 2010.
- The Nets are holding opponents to the fewest points per game in the NBA so far (91.5 PPG).
- QUOTE: ”If we don’t get up for this game, then I don’t know what games we’ll get up for,” Anthony said. “It’s an inner-city game, New York vs. Brooklyn. To me, going back home, going back to my borough, playing my first game back there is a very special moment for myself.”
- The Nets have allowed the 11th worst three-point shooting percentage in the NBA and the Knicks are very solid three-point shooters. They connected for 19 against Miami back on Nov. 2nd.
- This is the first of four match ups between these two teams this year. The Knicks won two of three against the Nets last season.